– As a company we are committed to transparency and fairness in the way we conduct ourselves with our clients, including how we charge for our claims services.
– The company is fully regulated and authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority (FRN) 911415, which means our clients can be assured that we have their best interests at the forefront of our case handling and are always at the heart of the business we do.
– As a company, we have expertise in forensic accounting and financial services, meaning we have experience in the right markets which enables us to analyse client data quickly and effectively ensuring the right outcome for our clients. As a company, we do not offer financial advice. It should be stressed though; you can pursue a financial claim yourself. You do not have to use the services of a claims management company.
– Subject to any time limitations you may wish to consider other companies, and redress the claim through the Financial Ombudsmen Scheme before engaging with SFE Associates Ltd.
Financial Claims Overview
- Realising you have been sold the wrong financial product or made a bad investment can leave you feeling betrayed and embarrassed as well as resulting in financial losses. You might run through the scenario over and over again to see if there was anything you could have done differently – you just wish you could get back to where you were before you were sold that product.
- At SFE Associates Ltd, we understand that feeling. That’s why our financial mis-selling team works tirelessly to help our clients recover compensation when they have been mis-sold. We don’t help you win the lottery; we just help you turn back the clock to make it like it never happened.
What is financial mis-selling?
Any time that you enlist the services of a professional to advise you on the sale of a financial product, that professional owes you a certain level of consideration to ensure that the advice that they are giving is both factually correct and right for your circumstances.
According to the FCA (Financial Conduct Authority), all financial products should be sold in a way that is fair, clear and not misleading. If one or more of the items on this list sound familiar, then you might have been mis-sold:
- The advice you received was bad or unsuitable in some way
- The risks were glossed over, downplayed or ignored entirely
- The full details about the financial product were not provided which resulted in you purchasing a product that was not suitable
- Additional charges and fees included with the product were not disclosed until after you were committed
- You were subjected to overly strong sales pressure without concern for what would be best for you
MIS-SOLD EQUITY RELEASE
Equity Release is a form of borrowing that allows you to release money from your home without having to make monthly repayments.
There are two main types of Equity Release: Lifetime Mortgages and Home Reversion plans:
Life-time mortgages – these are mortgages which are restricted to older borrowers, usually over the age of 55. The borrower will be advanced a lump sum, where the term of the mortgage may or may not be specified. The provider of the mortgage product will seek full repayment of the lump sum upon an event occurring, which is either the death of the borrower or entering into long-term care. During the intervening period no repayments will be made and interest will accumulate;
Home reversion plans – this product allows the borrower to have access to some or all of the monetary value of their property. The provider of the plan will pay the borrower a lump sum and then enter into a lease with the borrower which provides the borrower the right to remain in the property until death.
Regulation of advice
Like other mortgage products, the adviser / provider of the relevant product must ensure that the advice given to the borrower is compliant with the Mortgage Conduct of Business Sourcebook (“MCOB”). This is to ensure that the equity release mortgage is presented in a way which is not misleading and that there is evidence that the borrower’s demands and needs have been considered in recommending such a product.
If the advice was wrong
- You may be entitled to bring a claim against your advisor or lender and be able to claim back any financial losses you have incurred if:
- You have opted to release equity from your home but fear you received poor or incorrect advice that did not reflect your needs; or
- You feel you were taken advantage of because you did not understand how Equity Release mortgages worked.
As with standard residential mortgage products, claims in relation to the alleged mis-sale of equity release mortgages should be made within six years of the product being taken out. This is because all claims which are based on a breach of MCOB (breach of statutory duty) or common law negligence must be made within six years. Whilst there are limited circumstances where a claim can be made three years after a borrower first became aware that a product was unsuitable, such circumstance are limited and, after the expiry of six years, a mortgage provider will have a complete defence to a claim.
Our Claims Process
Our claims service is managed to get you the best results possible and to give you the best chance of receiving full compensation.
Were you mis-sold a CFD Investment? Were you not aware of the high risks involved? You may be entitled to compensation.
- What is a CFD?
A CFD is a Contract for Difference. It is a popular form of trading which offers traders and investors the opportunity to profit from price movement without owning the underlying asset.
A CFD investor will trade on the market as it happens, but unlike many investments, they will not have ownership of the product which the investment is for. This is a key difference, compared to investing in normal stocks and shares.
Essentially, it is the difference between owning a racehorse, and simply betting on it. CFD investments are the latter – a bet.
CFD funds can be invested in a number of ways. They can be invested directly through a CFD provider, and in some cases, they can be invested as part of pension, such as a SIPP (Self-Invested Personal Pension).
- Why are CFDs High Risk:
Comparing CFDs to the above “betting” analogy, when you invest in CFDs you are essentially handing your money to a professional to make bets for you. This means your investment can go up or down.
You can often lose more money than you bet.
The high-risk nature of CFDs means that any potential investor should be knowledgeable and experienced within the market who understand the risks. They should also have the means to recover from any lost money.
A CFD investment is a contract between two parties, generally referred to as “buyer” and “seller”, which stipulates to the buyer that the seller will pay to the buyer the difference in full between the current value of an asset and its value at contract time.
Many times this has not been done by the seller, also many schemes of this nature have collapsed and therefore people have lost money and may be due compensation.
Why Use Us?
SFE Associates Ltd have specialist forensic accounting experience in order to help clients who have been mis-sold financial services products. We recover funds for clients who have lost money through the mis-selling of financial products and are trustworthy, moral, and conscientious organisation to deal with. We operate on the following basis:
No win, no fee.We offer a clear and transparent service, keeping our clients up-to-date along the way.
We analyse your information to ensure that the correct level of compensation our clients are entitled to is claimed for in a prompt manner.
Free Initial Assessment: no obligation chat
We do all the leg-work
Your own dedicated Claims Expert
“Many thanks for the successful recovery of money that I had written off long ago!“
“Thank you so much for getting my money back for me. After such a bad experience and losing money this has been a great outcome for me.”
“Thanks so much for your help with this, I would definitely recommend SFE to anybody who has lost funds”
“It was great to be told that I could get compensation for money I lost so many years ago and without having do any of the work either. It was a very simple process and I would highly recommend anyone who has lost money on CFDs to get in contact with SFE to help you get it back.”
“I had considered trying to get funds back myself but realised that it was quite a task so am grateful to SFE for dealing with it on my behalf. Great service all around”
It was a very quick and straightforward process. Once I had signed the initial documents I didn’t have to do anything more except wait for the money to come back, which it did! Thank you very much!
SFE Associates were able to submit a claim against JNF Capital on my behalf for an investment that I had made a few years ago. I had lost the investment at the time however with the claim made by SFE Associates, I have been successfully refunded with a substantial amount of my initial investment. The refund was a great surprise and the professional services offered by SFE Associates has left me truly speechless. A massive thank you!!!
Thank you for the help in getting back some of the lost money.
I never thought I’d get anything back, but this is a big help for me.
I will gladly leave any feedback for you and how quickly and efficiently this was done for me.
I used SFE Associates to assist me in a claim. A great guy called Jon was my dedicated claims associate and I can not speak a bad word about his abilities.
He guided me through the process so I completely understood what was happening every step of the way. He was always available to answer questions, was professional, approachable and friendly.
SFE got me a result and I would highly recommend SFE Associates.
Many thanks for your help. You have made the process very easy for me and I have now recovered money that I thought was lost, so very happy!
I couldn’t believe that I can get my lost money from online trading. SFE Associated explained to me that I was wrongly adviced by the people who never had any interest to make money for me. I understood that it was just live spam account were the only winner was the platform and people behind it. SFE Associated helped me to make a claim against them and I got my funds back. My representative was really professional and he did everything straight away from A to Z. Thank you ‘SFE’ for your brilliant service.
I contacted SFE Associates Ltd to help me with a claim with the FSCS. SFE made the whole process very easy and stress free for myself, they are helpful and always easy to contact if anyone needs help with a claim. I can’t recommend them highly enough, thank you SFE Associates Ltd. 10/10
I have received the due settlement account and would like to take this opportunity to thank you and your team for expediting this event so smoothly and quickly.
Request a Free Consultation
And we will try to make it worth your time to discuss the issue